Amber Jama Masjid
Amber Jama Masjid (main mosque), also known as Akbari masjid, is built on a slightly raised platform entered through small gateways on three sides. Its rectangular prayer hall on the west has a magnificent facade of seven arches; the central one is larger then others flanked by four-storeyed minarets on either end. Three large domes surmount the prayer hall along with an inverted lotus. The courtyard in front of the prayer hall has an ablution tank while the corners of the compound decorated by ‘Minar type chhatri (kiosk).'
An inscription on the left side of the central arch states that Raja Bharmal built this mosque on the order of Mughal emperor Akbar in A.H. 977 (A.D. 1569).