The inhabitant of Rajasthani has a great enthusiasm for color and happy celebrations. These interests among citizens are established by the intricate ceremonies and frequent fairs and festivals of the area. Other than the festivals celebrated by the Hindus, Muslims and other religion, there are also the conventional and time honored fairs of Rajasthan. These take account of animal fairs, religious fairs however; there are no fairs to mark the altering seasons. In actual fact, celebrations take place more or less all around the year and are a marvelous chance for the tourist to gain an imminent into the existence of the Rajasthani. Not counting the conventional fairs, lately time-honored festivals involve camel races, elephants, dance & music have been particularly organized for the voyagers.
In the midst of the better acknowledged fairs of Rajasthan are:
- Nagaur Fair, Nagaur (January-Febraury) : In essence, an animal fair, it offers a chance to take part in some of the neighboring sports.
- Desert Festival, Jaisalmer (January-Febraury) : One of the most well-liked of all festivals is an expedition into the heart of the wilderness, the golden city of Jaisalmer that has an allure of its own. A factual show on the sands will exert a pull on even the much voyaged visitor.
- Baneshwar Fair, Baneshwar (January-Febrauary) : A spiritual festival with uncomplicated and conventional rituals. This fair is the magnetism of a huge number of tribals from the local states of Madhya Pradesh & Gujarat who join their brethren from Rajasthan in endowing prayers to Deity Shiva.
- Gangaur festival, Gangaur, Jaipur (March-April) : A celebration dedicated to Goddess Parvati, the consort of deity Shiva. It is the point in time for juvenile girls to wear dressy clothes in their ceremonial dress and pray for grooms of their alternative while the married women pray for the happiness of their spouses. This 18-day festival is tied with a range of activities and terminates in a splendid parade marking the entrance of Lord Shiva to guide his bride home.
- Mewar Festival, Udaipur (March-April) : Mewar festival is a celebration to greet the spring season. There is song, processions, dance, devoted music & fireworks where more or less everybody takes part.
- Elephant Festival, Jaipur (March-April) : Elephant festival is a festival to rejoice Holi, this is an immense juncture for the tourist to stare at quite a few elephant sports and also play this celebration of shades. A show is organized with the elephants turning out in their most excellent ceremonial dress.
- Urs Ajmer Sharif, Ajmer (In line with Lunar Calendar) : This festival in the reminiscence of the respected Sufi saint Khawaja Moinuddin Chisti, it is a juncture for thousands of supporters to gather together at the place of pilgrimage and endow their prayers. All of Ajmer takes place on a celebratory air and more than a few programmes are organized to trait the festivals.
- Summer Festival, Mount Abu (June) : Organized in the solitary hill station of Rajasthan, this is the coldest spot at this time of the year. Folk dances and a wide-ranging ambiance of joviality win through in this minuscule hill resort and the sightseer has sufficient time to loosen up and enjoy to the most.
- Teej, Jaipur (July-August) : Teej festival is a festival to score the arrival of monsoon. Grand Processions, ladies dressed up in dazzling colors and numerous celebrations triumphs throughout Teej. In essence, this women’s fiesta, is attention-grabbing to gaze at them enjoying in groups and at an assortment of marketplace where they turn up to shop in all their ceremonial dress.
- Marwar Festival, Jodhpur (October) : A carnival dedicated chiefly to the music & dance of the Marwar district. This is a carnival that permits the sightseer to comprehend and take pleasure in the folk traditions of this element of the state.
- Pushkar Fair, Ajmer (November) : The renowned and marked with principal participation of all the carnivals of Rajasthan, Pushkar is a vital pilgrimage and the location of a massive cattle fair. Auctions, Bazaars, Music and Sports emphasize this occurrence.
- Camel Festival, Bikaner (January) : Bikaner, an enthralling desert city which brightens up with music and dance. It is gaining popularity in a rapid phase as the travelers finds a chance to see some remarkable folk performances, camel dances, camel races and so on.