Crowning Grandeur of Rajasthan – Royal Palaces modernized into sumptuous Hotels
An inimitable approach to understand India’s captivating legacy and tradition is to book your stay in one of splendid palace hotels of the nation. In point of fact, these imperial hotels were previously the dwelling of India’s renowned crowned heads. Some of these palaces still serve as the abode for the next generation of the royal family. However, in the recent times, these glorious palaces have been rehabilitated into hotels so as to support the survival of the imperial families. The inevitability for such renovation as well as the undulation of India’s fortresses can be mapped out through country’s ever-sprouting olden times.
The Royal establishments of Ancient palaces and the Revolution:
A long time ago, India was a broadly divided nation that comprised of mind-boggling 565 realms. The prosperous and most ostentatious monarch of these kingdoms was the courageous Rajput kingdom that was placed in the wilderness of Rajasthan. Currently India’s most affluent palace hotels can be spotted in Rajasthan. Also, the rule of British in India largely donated to the construction of sumptuous royal residences, chiefly in India’s popular hill stations. These hill asylums were once the favorite run aways of the Kings throughout the summer season to flee from the inexorable heat. Subsequent to the British rule, India got its sovereignty in the year 1947. Later, all the states amalgamated into the “Republic of India”. At that juncture, numerous regal mansions of British were acquired by the Indian imperial families who used them as their summer retreat. In 1971, the Indian Constitution put a stop sign to all the royal classes in the country. As a result, all the dignified rights of the royal families were introverted and a small number of palaces and manors were maintained by former imperial families and some were sold or chartered to the popular hotel chains. Nevertheless, India owns some beautiful palace hotels at the moment where guests can enjoy their stay to experience the genuine lifestyle of former monarchs.
1. Palace hotels in Jaipur
A few of the oldest and optimum palace hotels can be found in Jaipur, the Pink city of Rajasthan. These palaces are insightful of Jaipur’s affluent crowned heads who lived in them in the past. In essence, Jaipur is a conurbation that every vacationer would be excited to make a stopover. The beautiful Palaces in Jaipur that are transformed into jaipur hotels have lately been converted into reverie wedding places as well. It’s amazing to feel like an emperor for a day and reside in a palace by forgetting all the hassles in the life.
- Hotel Fairmont : In contrast to the corporations that have transformed Rajput palaces into hotels, Fairmont has formed one from the core. Encircled by the majestic Aravallis knolls, Hotel Fairmont in Jaipur is the place where business compliments both olden times and contemporary modernism! The plan is proposed to shell out a mark of respect to the ancient Mughal realm. This hotel is illustrated as a responsive visualization of the time-honored Mughal fortress. At Fairmont, the guest arrival at the hotel will be made known by a “Gong man” in a traditional way similar to the olden times. The resonance of the gong man will get echoed to let the hotel staffs know that a new guest has arrived. Hotel Fairmont has more or less 255 guestrooms and 7 suites. Each room of this hotel has a wooden door and Portuguese “colonial-enthused” 4 poster beds. A beautiful handmade timber parrot is also kept on a swing in every guest room as a keepsake of the Mughal’s adoration for nature and to create an individual touch to the homely ambiance of the palace hotel.
- Raj Palace Hotel : Raj Palace, the charismatic Inn was established around 1727. This lodge is located centrally in a calm area towards the northern part of the Old Jaipur City. It is the primitive manor of Jaipur. The hotel’s magnificent “Durbar Mahal Suite” is recognized as the Leading Suite of Asia in the year 2008.
- Jai Mahal Palace : Jai Mahal Palace is a delightfully renovated luxury hotel, administered by the illustrious “Taj Hotels Palaces and Resorts”. Jai Mahal Palace was established in the year 1745 and was formerly the dwelling of Jaipur Prime Minister. In the year 195, Jai Mahal Palace unlocked its gateway to the visitors and travelers. This palace is one of primary palace hotels in India. Jai Mahal Palace is positioned in the environs of the Jaipur Railway station.
- Samode Palace : The Samode Palace in Jaipur was constructed into the Aravali mountain ranges in the north-west side of Pink city. The luxurious rooms of this palace are decked out with complex glass works and frescoes which are real treat to the eyes of the guests. The Samode Palace in Jaipur beguilingly illuminates at the hours of darkness. This makes it a gorgeous dreamy retreat for travelers.
- Rambagh Palace : One more remarkable hotel in the Taj Group of hotels is the “Rambagh Palace” in Jaipur. Time and again, this hotel is mentioned as the “Gemstone of Pink city” as it is one of the most glorious palace hotels in Jaipur and was the abode to the majestic family for more than thirty years. Rambagh Palace in Jaipur is located in the middle of rambling 47 acres of verdant greenery to the southern part of the old Jaipur city.
2. Palace hotels in Jodhpur
Jodhpur, the blue city of Rajasthan does not dwell numerous palace hotels similar to other metropolis of Rajasthan. However, it does possess some astonishing palace hotels.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace : Umaid Bhawan Palace was one of the last ostentatious palaces that were constructed in India. The imperial family members of Jodhpur still dwell in a division of this palace. Umaid Bhawan Palace, the splendid and magnificent “Taj Group of hotel” was built with exquisite ‘yellow’ stonework and is placed on a hillock of Jodhpur city. The edifice was finally completed in the year 1944 after 15 years of the creating. Your stay at the Umaid Bhawan Palace hotel will definitely be a memorable one!
- Sardar Samand Palace : In the beginning, Sardar Samand Palace was a shooting lodge that was established by “Maharaja Umaid Singh” in the year 1933. This hotel is sited in ‘Pali’ that can be reached within an hour of travel from Jodhpur city.
- Fort Chanwa Luni : Fort Chanwa Luni is not a palace but a fortress that was constructed by “Maharaja Dalip Singh” before 100 years. This peaceful Inn is can be reached within 40 minutes of travel from Jodhpur.
3. Palace hotels in Udaipur
Udaipur, the dreamy city of Rajasthan is famous for its striking palaces and serene lakes. Udaipur is probably the most excellent city in India for a stay that is evocative of crowned heads. In Udaipur, there are countless palace hotels to pick from. Some of the famous palace hotels are:
- Fateh Prakash Palace : Fateh Prakash Palace is a unique palace that is crammed with traditional images and furnishings. This palace is a division of the celebrated City Palace compound where the imperial families of Mewar still dwell. Fateh Prakash Palace is situated on the banks of Pichola Lake.
- Devi Garh : Devi Garh in Udaipur is a sprawling 18th century ‘fort-palace’ that can be reached within 45 minutes of travel from main city of Udaipur. This palace been renovated in the present-day fashion with 39 splendid suites.
- Shikarbadi : Shikarbadi is an ancient shooting lodge that belongs to the Mewar imperial Family. The hushed setting of this palace in the majestic Aravalli Mountain makes it a cherished stay.
- Lake Palace : Being is an element of the famous “Taj Group of hotels”, the Lake Palace is proudly mentioned as one of the most quixotic hotels in the globe. Lake Palace is a delightful lodge that is approximately 250 year old. This summer palace that is built with mosaic & white marble is placed amid Pichola Lake.