Jodhpur, popularly known as the “Blue city” of Rajasthan is a beautiful metropolis that is situated at the rim of the ‘Thar’ desert. This city is dominated by a gigantic fort that has a steep rocky edge and is positioned at the heart of the town. Jodhpur was established by “Rao Jodha”, a ruler of the Rajput family (known as the Rathores) in the year 1459. The prehistoric township of Jodhpur is delimited by a long wall that is extended to about 10 kms. This wall was built after a century of the city’s establishment. It is completely captivating to roam around the hodgepodge of zigzag streets in the Jodpur city. There are so many hotels in Jodpur. One can choose from a range of hotels and resorts to stay and visit the tourist attractions in Jodpur.
Take a look at the 10 best hotels in Jodpur!!
1. The Park Plaza, Jodhpur : The Park Plaza in Jodhpur is a (boutique) business hotel that is situated at the heart of the Jodphur city. The Park Plaza is a “Modern” business Inn that is suitably placed on the brink of the Jodhpur Airport and not far from the local marketplace. The Hotel is just a 5 minutes drive from the Airport and 15 minutes drive from the Jodpur Railway Station. This pulsating hotel has 65 guest rooms and extraordinary suites all constructed in contemporary design with modern amenities. A newly modernized spa is completely equipped and offers a choice of spa treatments and wonderful traditional therapies. This hotel also has a giant Swimming pool and an awesome fitness center to cherish. The Park Plaza in Jodhpur features a variety of facilities and services counting a multi-cuisine restaurant, an ‘Al fresco’ restaurant, the ‘Geoffrey’, an English style bar, roomy open-air and gorgeous indoor banquet. The hotel provides high speed internet access at the Business center to facilitate business related tasks. A broad range of facilities together with courier services and secretarial services, computer work stations and photocopying are also available at the hotel’s business hub. Conference areas of the hotel can provide accommodation for about 130 people.
2. The Yogi’s Guest house : The Yogi's Guest House is basically a 500 year old Haveli (primitive time-honored quad) with tremendous picturesque sight of the famous Umaid Bhawan Palace, Clock Tower, Mehrangarh Fort and the early ‘Blue City’. This guest house is a place where traditional existence and warmth shake hands with contemporary amenities and a global outlook. Conveniently situated at a distance of just 2 kilometers from the railway station, 4 Kms from the city’s Airport and 2 Kms from the bus stand, the Yogi's Guest house is just a stone throw’s away from the majority of the chief shopping arcades, commercial or business areas of Jodhpur town. Each of the sixteen stylishly arranged rooms & suites are carefully planned and equipped with authentic antique decors & furniture. The old family photographs decorate the walls of the rooms. The ambience of the hotel and the overall experience is even more augmented due to the existence of high-tech amenities in all the guest rooms. You can get breakfast, lunch and dinner in the local restaurant and the meals merge all India flavors. All Guests can enjoy their dinner by the candle light on the peak of the roof-top porch, where Yogi’s Guest house grants the most idiosyncratic sight of the ‘blue city’, Jodhpur at the hours of darkness. The hotel offers Rajasthani folk dance performances for guests on most of the evenings along with a variety of other cultural programs.
3. The Cosy Guest house : The Cosy Guest House is placed far away from racket and pollution of the city at the pedestal of the Jodpur Fort. This guest house is run by a ‘Brahmin’ family in the oldest area of the Jodhpur. This hotel was built before 549 years. This edifice has been the residence of the same Brahmin family for a long time and they are the 8th generation of that family. The most amazing sight of the fort and the blue city in Jodhpur can be observed from the quixotic roof top restaurant of this Guest house. Now, the property has 10 deluxe rooms all with attached bathroom facilities, AC’s TV’s, running hot and cold water supply. Some rooms of the guest house have terrace as well. The Cosy roof top restaurant serves all varieties of Indian, Italian and Chinese food in a comfortable ambiance with customary Rajasthani dining floor seating with handcrafted cushions and rustic floor mats.
4. Kesar Heritage Guest House : Kesar Heritage Guest House is located in a most important locality of Jodhpur city. Kesar Heritage Guest House has everything that a guest would expect to enjoy his stay. In cooperation both tourists and business travelers can take pleasure in the hotel's amenities and services. All essential facilities such as tour guide, round the clock room service, business area, laundry service and dry cleaning services, restaurant, are just around the corner of the hotel. You can access the hotel's gym and massage center to improve your pleasing stay at this hotel. Handiness and luxury transforms Kesar Heritage guest house as the ideal preference for your stay in the blue city, Jodhpur.
5. Saji Sanwri Guest house : Saji Sanwri Guest house is a family-run lodging and is a perfect place to stay in the old blue city. The Saji Sanwri Guest house is (more or less) 350 years old and has magnificent unique sculptures and “cornice” work all over the place. Starting from the affectionate welcoming that you get on arrival to the luxurious and large bedrooms, the hotel make sure that your stay in Jodhpur is a truthfully memorable experience. The guesthouse has 10 striking rooms. All the rooms of the Saji Sanwri Guest house are well-festooned and perfectly maintained. The large, cushioned and comforting beds make sure that you have a good night's slumber. The rooms of the hotel come with completely tiled “en-suite” bathrooms, where you can begin your day with a revitalizing shower.
6. Govind Hotel : The Govind hotel is owned by the family of Jaggi and his son Sohel. This is the solitary hotel located at the station road and has been recommended by the Trip advisor website. The Govind Hotel is a retreat for travelers who have a train travel in the early or late hours as this hotel is situated at an easy walking distance of about 5 minutes from the railway station. The hotel has Standard rooms, deluxe rooms, super deluxe rooms, and a newly modernized ‘pent’ house at the heart of Jodhpur city. Hotel Govind is the solitary Inn with Wi-Fi internet access even at the restaurant that serves traditional vegetarian food, starting from the creamy soups to warm brownies, traditional waffles and a number of delicious Rajasthani food items. The hotel restaurant also has delicious, hot Expresso & cappuccino drinks that can be tasted with freshly baked cookies.
7. Heaven Guest House : Heaven Guest House is a 500 year old Haveli owned by a ‘Jain family’. Hence, you can enjoy a homely stay. The hotel has 10 gracefully created rooms with meticulously engraved traditional beds, chronological portraits, and integral contemporary bathrooms with 24/7 hot & cold water supply. The guest house bestows breathtaking and stunning sights of the amazing Umaid Bhawan Palace, Mehrangarh Fort, Old Blue City, Clock Tower and famous marketplaces in Jodhpur. Some rooms in this hotel have TV with satellite channels and AC facilities. The hotel offers 24/7 room service and one internet point in the lobby area. Heaven guest house has a beautiful roof-top eating place with a grand sight of the Fort. The hotel offers home cooked Food.
8. Krishna Prakash Heritage Haveli : Krishna Prakash Heritage Haveli is approximately as old as the famous Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur. Standing on the pedestal of the wonderful Mehrangarh Fort, this hotel is a genuine legacy Haveli that is devotedly resorted to be a luxury retreat for modern civilization in their expedition for the beauty of Rajasthan. Krishna Prakash Heritage Haveli has an assortment of well-appointed suites and grand double bed rooms thoroughly renovated to fuse with the past times architectural style. There are 28 gracefully appointed rooms. Some of the guest rooms of the hotel hold on to the antique furniture as found when this Haveli was wide open for re-establishment. The heritage Haveli offers the most excellent contemporary amenities with a hint of customary Rajasthan. The newly renovated kitchens in the hotel proffer a gastronomic experience with an assortment of menus that ranges from mouth-watering palette of customary Marwari cuisine to individual restaurants which tender “Ala-cart” choices. The Krishna Prakash Heritage Haveli is located centrally and is in the environs of many well-liked sights in Jodhpur.
9. Jagat vilas : The Jagat Vilas welcomes all guests to get an exceptional experience at the heart of old Jodhpur city. The lodge offers all contemporary amenities and traditional Rajasthani warmth all with an archaic world appeal. The Jagat vilas is located centrally in ‘Raikabagh’, the hub of the handiwork region of Jodhpur and at a walking distance to the famous Umaid Bhawan Palace. This incredible guest house also provides wonderful panoramic spectacles counting the Mehrangarh Fort and Umaid Bhawan Palace. The Jagat Vilas is one of the finest budget legacy hotels in Jodhpur that is owned by a supportive ‘Rajput’ family. It is immersed in old history and this place once was the headquarters of the home guards of the Royal family of Jodhpur. The Jagat Vilas offers 9 well-resourced, modern and large rooms that are positioned around a serene patio. The hotel is unique owing to its warm welcoming, home-made delicious meals and in general, by providing “home-away-from-home” feel to all the guests.
10. Juna Mahal boutique Home stay : Juna Mahal boutique Home stay is 472 year old Haveli. This place was originally used by an authentic Brahmin family who served as a temple priest for the Imperial family temples. This home stay features 5 boutique suites. All these suites are ornamented with antique sandstone carvings. There are around 6-11 windows that brings in natural light into the suites. The rooftop restaurant at the hotel serves authentic vegetarian food with hassle-free atmosphere. At Juna Mahal boutique Home stay, the first-rate service and better-quality facilities makes it a place for a treasured stay. The hotel offers services such as, Airport transport, salon, Babysitting facilities, WiFi internet access in public areas of the hotel and 24/7 room service. The atmosphere of the Juna Mahal boutique home stay is imitated in every guestroom. The hotel rooms has coffee and tea maker, in-room video games, Mini bar, in-room safety locker etc. The recreational facility in the hotel include a special massage that is intended for flee and leisure.